Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cheese / Grill / Tea Honey


It's my last Wednesday food post before Easter, and I just can't face posting about any more chocolate at the moment. ;-) So instead, today's stocking stuffer (or gift basket stuffer) is a pretty honey jar from Crate and Barrel. They have three varieties: cheese honey, grill honey, and tea honey. I don't know what, if anything, makes one honey better than another for cheese versus grilling, but there you have it! I also admit that I'm a sucker for a pretty bottle or jar. I don't drink hard liquor, but I love looking at all the amazing bottle designs (especially vodka) at the liquor store. And these honey jars are elegant in their simplicity, I think. The description notes that they are 100% natural and kosher certified. If you prefer organic, you might also check Whole Foods or your local grocery store for an organic honey in a pretty bottle.

(Speaking of honey, allergies seem particularly bad in Houston this spring, and someone suggested to me that I try eating local honey -- apparently it helps your body adjust to the particular local pollen so you're less affected by it. I'll have to give that a try!)

What: Cheese / Grill / Tea Honey
Where: Crate and Barrel
How much (as of today's post): $10.95 (plus shipping)


No comments: