Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fortune Cookie Message Kit


I don't know what's going on with my memory, but yesterday was the second Wednesday in a row that I forgot to post the usual food stocking stuffer / gift. I think it's because during the busy lead-up to Christmas, I was scheduling many posts in advanced and I was much more organized. Now I'm a bit of a slacker and I'm getting my posts done day by day.

I should make up for it by doing a Valentine's food post today, but I'm not in the mood, so instead here is this Fortune Cookie Message Kit -- pretend food! This is the kind of little kit you'll find in the spinner racks at the front of Barnes & Noble or Borders. I always find that those little mini boxes and kits are of mixed quality and interest to me, but I do like this one: a fortune cookie box that comes with a little book of tear-out fortunes and messages that you can choose from to hide for a loved one. You can also write your own, of course!

Of course, it's not as fancy as the bejeweled fortune cookie box from Things Remembered that I posted way back in November 2008, but since that was $25.00 and this one is only $8.95, it's definitely more affordable!

What: Fortune Cookie Message Kit
Where: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc.
How much (as of today's post): $8.95


No comments: