Saturday, December 19, 2009

Suncatcher Kits


This week, I'm going to try and feature only those stocking stuffers that you can either make yourself or buy locally, since rush shipping for internet orders would probably cost a fortune by now. Today's stocking stuffer is a general suggestion rather than a particular product: make-and-bake suncatcher kits, which come with a metal or plastic frame that you put little coloring crystals in, that will melt and form a smooth suncatcher surface. I had one of these when I was a child, of a graceful figure skater, and I loved that thing for years. I wish I knew what happened to it!

In any case, these kits should be available in most craft stores. I know I saw them in Michael's the last time I looked. They make a fun rainy day (or snowy day!) project for kids, as long as they're supervised since it involves using the oven. They also come in all sorts of shapes to cater to different interests: butterflies, unicorns, dolphins, and so on. I even saw a Star Wars Jabba the Hutt suncatcher kit, although that was a little more expensive. If you really don't want to brave the shopping crowds and you have Amazon Prime shipping, you can find some on Amazon that you can still get in time for Christmas with free shipping, although theirs isn't the best selection.

I hope everyone's Christmas prep is going smoothly! Those of you in the snow zones, stay warm and safe!

What: Suncatcher Kits
Where: Craft stores such as Michael's, Hobby Lobby, AC Moore, etc.
How much (as of today's post): approximately $3.00-$7.00


No comments: