Friday, December 18, 2009

Magnetic Steel Vases


To me it seems odd to sell vases, even bud vases, in sets of five, but so be it. These magnetic steel vases from ThinkGeek.com are very striking, don't you think? They look as though they couldn't possibly remain upright, but the secret is a thin steel plate/base that you can hide under your tablecloth if you wish. I rarely use a tablecloth myself, but I think it looks just as striking with the steel plate visible since the plate is fairly small itself. And I always find single blooms in bud vases to be particularly elegant.

At $39.99 for a set of five, this qualifies as a Friday luxury stocking stuffer, but when you think about it, the five are only about $8 apiece before shipping. And since I have a mother, a mother-in-law, two sisters, and three sisters-in-law, it really wouldn't be too difficult to split these up among recipients for fairly inexpensive stocking stuffers. I also think a set would be a wonderful gift for someone who likes to entertain. Can you imagine how gorgeous a table would look with one of these at each place setting? (Again, five is such an odd number, though! Oh well....)

What: Magnetic Steel Vases
Where: ThinkGeek website
How much (as of today's post): $39.99 for five (about $8 apiece)


1 comment:

AudreyO said...

I know a few people who have sets of 5 vases. They use them when entertaining. They put one on each table around the house. These are really cute.