Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Moose in the House game


I found this game at Barnes & Noble, and the only reason I didn't buy it for some nieces and nephews this year is because I'd already done their shopping. But next year I'm giving this to at least one set of relatives with kids -- especially because they're Canadian and I think they'll find it pretty darn funny, not to mention fun! The object of the game is to keep the moose out of your house and get it into your opponents' houses; cards have pictures of rooms, some of which have been invaded by the monster moose from the north! (If you have no idea how big a moose really gets, go to YouTube and search on "baby moose sprinkler", where you'll find an adorable video of twin baby moose playing in a yard sprinkler, with mama looking on.)

Back to the game, the box it comes in is pretty small as far as games go. According to Amazon, it measures 1.6 by 4.7 by 5.8 inches. So whether or not it fits in a stocking depends on how big that stocking is, of course! But it does make a lovely small gift in any case. Recommended age range is 8-12 years old, but I think it's the kind of thing parents can play with kids and still have fun, like Waterworks or Mille Bornes, two of my childhood favorites.

What: Moose in the House game
Where: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or elsewhere
How much (as of today's post): $9.99


No comments: