Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Muirhead Green Tomato Mincemeat


I've always been suspicious of mincemeat, because (like many children, I imagine) I thought it was a way for parents to sneak meat into something they were pretending was a dessert. Not so with this Muirhead Green Tomato Mincemeat, which is made with no meat, but with lots of green tomatoes, apples, raisins, butter, and spices. I'm particularly intrigued with the note that recommends making a bi-layer pie with a "bottom layer of mincemeat covered with pumpkin pie filling (or better yet, a filling made with Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter)." Sounds like a neat alternative to the usual Thanksgiving fare!

(I don't have the slightest idea why I'm posting about Thanksgiving food in late April. Maybe because I'm hungry and it just sounds interesting!)

What: Muirhead Green Tomato Mincemeat
Where: Muirhead Foods website
How much (as of today's post): $6.50 (plus shipping)


No comments: