Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Maple Syrup


When I was growing up in New Jersey, my parents took us on vacation to Vermont a few times, and one of the big treats there was the maple syrup (and maple sugar candy, of course!). A little bottle of maple syrup would make a lovely stocking stuffer or small gift -- in fact, when my husband travels to Japan on business, he always takes several little bottles with him to give as gifts to his work colleagues over there.

Looking online, I found a nice little source called Carmen Brook Maple and Dairy Farm. They offer several different grades of maple syrup in several different bottle shapes and sizes, including, of course, maple-leaf shaped bottles! They also have heart-shaped bottles -- I can picture that for a Valentine's Day breakfast in bed or brunch, especially since Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday this year. The prices range from $3.25 for a 1.7 oz maple leaf bottle to $4.90 for a 1.7 oz heart bottle and on up for larger bottles.

Now I'm hungry for pancakes....

What: Maple Syrup
Where: Carmen Brook Maple and Dairy Farm
How much (as of today's post): $3.25 and up (plus shipping)


No comments: