Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Great Moments in Film Note Cards


I don't have a "for movie buffs" category, but if I did, these would definitely go in it: Great Moments in Film Note Cards, with stick figure drawings of unforgettable images from Jaws, Thelma and Louise, Singin' in the Rain, and North by Northwest. (I knew three of the four right off the bat, but I've never seen North by Northwest so I didn't recognize that one.)

In any case, I think these are adorable, and they go right along with one of my New Year's resolutions, which is to send people more notes and cards. Don't you miss being surprised by a nice note in your snail mail once in a while? I've done pretty well with my resolution so far: I've sent a thank you note for a dinner party, and one for the bird-watching boat tour I wrote about a few weeks ago. Both recipients thanked me for the notes, and I could tell they were pleasantly surprised to receive them.

I find that a great incentive to sending notes and cards is having some on hand that I really like. So you could get these (or other note cards, of course) for yourself, or try to increase the chances of getting real mail yourself once in a while by stuffing your loved ones' stockings with note cards that fit their interests and personality.

What: Great Moments in Film Note Cards
Where: Bas Bleu website
How much (as of today's post): $12.00 (plus shipping)


No comments: