Saturday, November 7, 2009

DIY Santa Gum Pack


Happy Saturday! I took a trip to the dollar store this morning and felt pretty uninspired by what I found there, so I thought today would be the perfect time to finally post about this lovely little do-it-yourself stocking stuffer that I came across quite a while ago at the My Creative Corner blog by Wanda.

As you can see, Wanda came up with an incredibly cute and easy way to dress up one of those rectangular packs of gum, by turning it into a Santa Claus! Her blog entry gives detailed instructions so I will direct you there for the how-to. I'm definitely going to use this for my husband and sisters this year -- it's so easy even I can do it!

Be sure and check out the other posts on Wanda's blog -- she has posts with her lovely handmade cards, ornaments, favors, and more!

What: DIY Santa Gum Pack
Where: My Creative Corner
How much (as of today's post): approx $1-2 (gum and materials)


3 comments:

Meredith said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing!

Wanda said...

Thank you for the link to my blog Amy! I LOVED making these and they are a very quick project to do. Even the kiddies would love to help decorate them!

Expressions by Heather said...

On the Dollarstorecrafts.com site, they did something similar, and drew numbers on each of the foil squares. They used 2 packs to make a mini pocket advent calendar! So cute!