Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pat the Husband


Oh, if only I had seen this is time to post about it for Father's Day! I saw this while waiting in line at the register in Borders this past weekend, and I about died, especially because the man in the book has the same name as my husband! I will definitely be getting this for him....

As I'm sure any mommies seeing this picture will recognize, Pat the Husband is a clever spoof of the classic children's book Pat the Bunny. This version starts out with "Paul and Judy are married. Paul is the husband. Judy is the wife. Judy does her best to remember who wears the pants in her house." It then goes on to discuss many of those husband-and-wife classic clichés, such as when the helpless man cannot find anything in the refrigerator. If you're married, trust me -- you will see your husband in this book!

In fact, I think it would be hilarious to put Pat the Bunny in your little one's stocking, and Pat the Husband in your husband's stocking (it's board-book sized). Just be sure not to mix them up, or you will have a very confused child on your hands!

What: Pat the Husband: A Parody
Where: Amazon or any bookstore
How much (as of today's post): $9.95 (plus shipping)


1 comment:

Stefanie said...

That's too funny! My son love pat the bunny so much that the front & back covers have fallen off. I wish they would republish it as an actual board book because it is so flimsy.