Monday, May 18, 2009

Magnetic Frogs Mini Sculpture


When my husband and I traveled to Japan, in one of the (many, many) bookstores I made him go to with me, we came across some really cute magnetic sculpture toys, which the packages charmingly called "Joyful Magnetic Ornament". (The Japanese love to label products in English. Some are more successful than others!) The set I got is of a farmland scene, with cows, sheep, a pig, and some, um, unidentifiable but cute animals. The store also had a Halloween scene, a circus scene, and a few others.

I've always thought these would make great stocking stuffers, but I haven't been able to find that particular brand available for purchase in the United States. However, on the Toy Impact website, I did recently find this magnetic frogs mini sculpture, which made me smile. The brand name is Safari, and it's currently on sale at $8.29 instead of the usual $10.36 price. I think this would be fun for kids old enough not to want to eat the small parts, or for an adult who happens to like frogs in particular. (Toy Impact also has what they call a knights and ladies set, although it only has one lady and a whole lot of knights.) I still prefer the Japanese sets for their ultra-adorable graphics, but I think this frog set is pretty cute too.

What: Magnetic Frogs Mini Sculpture
Where: Toy Impact website
How much (as of today's post): $8.29 (plus shipping)


No comments: