Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tile Chess


Here's a new twist on a very old classic: Tile Chess, or a variation of chess in which the tiles themselves, representing the play pieces, make up the ever-changing dimensions of the "board". In another twist, Tile Chess can be played by up to six players simultaneously, although you can always go the two-player route if you're so inclined.

Although I haven't played this myself, I've seen it in a gamestore and it's definitely small enough to fit in a good-sized stocking. The Amazon page lists the product dimensions as 8 x 4.9 x 0.6 inches. (I'm not good as visualizing sizes without a reference, so I always look at an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper to compare and try to visualize how big the largest dimension is.)

In any case, this would be a great stocking stuffer or gift for older kids, teens, college students, or adults who like chess and games in general.

What: Tile Chess (Steve Jackson Games)
Where: Amazon Marketplace Sellers, Steve Jackson Games website, or local gamestore
How much (as of today's post): $8.06 to $14.95 (plus shipping)


1 comment:

Lori said...

Hi Amy! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I popped over here to check out your blog and WOW how cool is this Tile Chess? My 15year old LOOOOVVVEES chess and it's so hard to find Christmas gifts for that agegroup (besides MONEY!)so I already ordered it. My first Christmas purchase for 2009! Thanks so much.
Lori