Friday, February 20, 2009

Novelty Drawer Pulls


I hesitated over how to categorize this stocking stuffer idea. Individually, many drawer pulls cost less than $5. However, for most dressers you would need at least six of these, if not eight or ten, which would rapidly drive up the overall cost. So, I ultimately decided to include this as a "luxury Friday" item, also in part because it's not as if novelty drawer pulls are a necessity in life, or even terribly useful since they're replacing something that's already functional.

However, I do find these cute, and some are even sophisticated. I think they could dress up a bedroom belonging to a child or even a teenager (although I wouldn't necessarily recommend making a decorating decision on behalf of a teenager, who likely will have opinions of his or her own on the matter!). I'm partial to the sea turtle myself.

In any case, there is a huge selection of drawer pulls available. I found these nautical themed ones at a website called Cool Knobs and Pulls, but I'm sure Home Depot and Lowe's carry a decent assortment as well.

What: Novelty Drawer Pulls
Where: CoolKnobsAndPulls.com or any home improvement store
How much (as of today's post): $3.45 for one pictured above (plus shipping)


No comments: