Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Instant Fireplace DVD


I love having my birthday on Valentine's Day, with one exception: I never, ever go out to dinner on my birthday. We used to try, but a lot of restaurants started limiting their menus. When I go out to eat, I want all the choices, not a choice between three entrees. And even when restaurants don't limit their menu, we always ended up feeling rushed, and more often than not both the food and the service were not up to the usual standards because the staff were under so much pressure to move people in and out as quickly as possible.

So, we simply do not go out to dinner on Valentine's Day. If you too want to avoid the restaurants, you can opt instead for a romantic evening in, and this little gift might help make it special: an instant fireplace DVD. It sounds silly, but between that on the television and some pretty music and wine, the setting will be at least as romantic as that in a busy, crowded restaurant.

What: Instant Fireplace DVD
Where: Catching Fireflies website, Target, or other stores
How much (as of today's post): $14.95 (plus shipping)


No comments: