Sunday, February 15, 2009

Handmade Vinyl Wallets from Kitty Empire


Whew, I must say that it's something of a relief to be done with the Valentine-themed posts! And I'm glad it's an "Etsy Sunday", because I came across these gorgeous handmade wallets from Etsy seller Kitty Empire, and I couldn't wait to post about them. The first one that struck me was the little deer with cherry blossom pictured here. It's just so simple and lovely. The description says it has a main pocket for cash, plus four clear vinyl slots for credit cards, ATM cards, etc. There's a metal snap closure, and it measures 4 by 4.5 inches when closed. It's made of animal-friendly, vegan materials. (And for an added bonus, Kitty Empire's shop states that she will be donating 5% of this month's sales to the Rainbow Connection Animal Foundation!)

Then I looked at the rest of the wallets and saw the kitty with cherry blossom. I'm a softie when it comes to anything cat-related, so that was one of my other favorites. There are also wallets with a bunny, a cherry blossom branch, an owl, a crow, and even a kitty with wings.

I focused this post on the wallets because they are smaller and therefore more appropriate for stockings or small gift baskets. But really, don't miss clicking on her link for purses and especially don't miss the link for messenger bags, because the designs are amazing: Alice and the White Rabbit, Alice and the Chessy Cat in a tree, Little Red Riding Hood with the wolf slinking behind a tree trunk.... Actually, although I love those, my favorite would have to be the cherry blossoms and bird vinyl messenger bag. It's really the an elegantly simple design.

What: Handmade Vinyl Wallets
Where: Kitty Empire (an Etsy shop)
How much (as of today's post):
$22.00 (plus shipping)


No comments: