Friday, December 26, 2008

Silk Shakespeare Sonnets Scarf


Here it is, the day after Christmas, and you probably thought you were rid of me.... Nope, I really meant it when I said I wanted to post a "stocking stuffer a day"! Before I go on, though, I hope those of you who celebrate Christmas had a wonderful day yesterday. I for one do not go out and brave the shops the day after, but I don't mind watching out for online post-holiday sales, which may be more prevalent this year due to the sluggish economy.

In any case, even though Christmas is over for another year, I will still feature a small, stocking-appropriate gift each day -- more details to follow in an upcoming "essay" post! In the meantime, if you see something that strikes you, you can bookmark the post (I use delicious.com to bookmark everything), or go the old-fashioned route and jot it down for next year. And don't forget, some of us have some family members with birthdays in late December or January, so the gift-giving isn't over just because it's December 26. A "birthday basket" or a gift bag with small, well-chosen gifts will always be welcome.

So, today's Friday Luxury Item is the "Silk Shakespeare Sonnets Scarf". How many times can you say that quickly? But whether you can say it or not, this 100% silk scarf from the Museum Store Company, printed with several of Shakespeare's sonnets, will delight the literary female in your life. It's 11 x 60.5 inches, but I imagine it can be rolled or folded small enough to fit into a stocking or a gift basket.

Shall I compare thee to a summer rose.....?

What: Silk Shakespeare Sonnets Scarf
Where: Museum Store Company website
How much (as of today's post): $39.00 plus shipping


No comments: