Monday, December 29, 2008

Nancy Drew's Guide to Life


This silly little book is great fun for anyone who grew up reading Nancy Drew. It pulls quotes and illustrations from the many books in the series, humorously applying some important "lessons" to everyday life. My favorite is from The Mystery at Lilac Inn: "If you see something resembling a shark in a river, don't fret. It's more likely to be a small submarine operated by thieves." As silly as that sounds, I know I didn't even blink when I read that as a 10-year-old. I mean, why wouldn't thieves use small submarines in their crimes?! At less than 3 1/2 inches high, this miniature book has stocking stuffer written all over it.

What: Nancy Drew's Guide to Life
Where: Amazon or any bookstore
How much (as of today's post):
$4.95 cover price


No comments: