Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Forever Stamps



Boring, I know. But practical and useful -- and I say that even in this day and age of e-mail trumping snail mail. I think I'd be most inclined to put this in a college student's stocking. It probably doesn't mean he or she will write home more often, but they'll occasionally have bills and things to mail, and they'll appreciate not having to scrounge up a stamp by knocking on doors along the dorm hallway. Added bonus: Forever Stamps are good forever, no matter how high the price of a first-class stamp goes. I also think this is an especially thoughtful gift -- at any time of the year -- for a senior citizen whose mobility may be limited.

What: Book of 20 Forever Stamps
Where: The Post Office, of course!
How much (as of today's post): $8.40


1 comment:

Regina said...

I think stamps are an awesome stuffer. My dad always included stamps when he sent a card or note. Now that he has passed away, I have to buy my own. Never knew how useful they actually were until they were gone.