Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cupcake Pop Mold


One of the many blogs I follow is Bakerella, whose creativity and talent amazes me. If you're one of the few people out there who don't know who she is, she's the one who makes all those amazing cake pops, or little decorative (and edible) cakes on a stick. She has her first book out, Cake Pops: Tips, Tricks, and Recipes for More Than 40 Irresistible Mini Treats, and she's been on a whirlwind publicity and signing schedule lately. I have her book on my wishlist, even though I know I'm not likely to attempt her creations since I'm not even good at making cookies from already-prepared dough!


So where am I going with this? I was looking at the Cake Pops book on Amazon, and Amazon helpfully suggested to me I might also like this cunning little cupcake pop mold for $5.95. It certainly is cute! (It does occur to me that one mold might not be very helpful, if you have to make these one at a time, but on the other hand, I imagine every type of cake pop is kind of labor intensive to make!)

Anyway, if you are stuffing the stocking of someone who loves to bake creatively, the cupcake pop mold would be a great stocking stuffer, perhaps paired with the Cake Pops book under the tree. And this book has started quite a trend, because there's another beautiful book, Pop Bakery: 25 Cakes on Sticks and Other Tempting Delights by Clare O'Connell, coming out in March 2011.

What: Cupcake Pop Mold
Where: Amazon or a baking supply store
How much (as of today's post): $5.95 (plus shipping)


1 comment:

Mina said...

this is so so cute Amy and such a great idea too
Mina xxx