Thursday, November 4, 2010

Snowman Spoon Swizzles


When I was in high school and college, I was a bookworm who was almost completely antisocial. I'm still a bookworm, but now I love socializing, and especially throwing parties. My husband and I give huge New Year's Eve parties that are themed with optional costumes. Some of our themes have included a "Don't Worry Be Happy" beach party; a supervillains and superheroes party; an aliens party; and a Swingin' Sixties/Psychedelic Seventies party. This year we're having a "Phantasmagorical Literary Salon", which will be book-themed with people dressing up as any literary creator or character.

And although I love these big, sprawling themed parties, sometimes I get the urge to just have an intimate, classy dinner party -- but we don't, because we have no dining room table. Actually, we have no real furniture, not even a couch -- we just have several hand-me-down, cat-clawed armchairs. That works fine for a party of 80 people, but not so much for a elegant dinner for 8.

Anyway (yes, there is sort of a point to all this!), I love love love to see elegant partyware, and fancy little touches like these Snowman Swizzle Sticks. I can just see these adorning a pretty holiday table. And while I won't buy these for myself considering the kinds of parties we give, I can see these as a lovely little stocking stuffer for the kind of entertainer who does host the more intimate dinner party-style gatherings.

(I have to admit, I'm mentally ready for the holiday season. I'm really looking forward to it, and I've made a good dent in my holiday shopping. Let's hope my enthusiasm stays the distance!)

What: Snowman Spoon Swizzles
Where: Pier One stores (link is to view only; cannot be purchased online)
How much (as of today's post): $8.95 for set of 4


No comments: