Saturday, February 27, 2010

Solar System Ruler


Whew! As I type this, it's 11:49 p.m. by my clock -- the latest I've ever been on any day posting a stocking stuffer. I have a good excuse, though -- I just got back from the airport, from a trip to the Olympics in Vancouver! My husband's parents live there and we were lucky enough to get tickets for a men's semi-final hockey game, and the women's hockey gold medal game.

But I only have a few minutes to post before midnight, so I'll get to it. Today's stocking stuffer is inspired by one of my nephews, who is not quite five years old but who is very interested in the planets and the solar system. So here is a solar system ruler from The Nature Store website. It's made of acrylic, has both inches and centimeters on the front, and has metric conversion tables on the back.

My favorite planet is Jupiter. How about yours?

What: Solar System Ruler
Where: TheNatureStore.com
How much (as of today's post): $1.50 (plus shipping)


2 comments:

AudreyO said...

Oh wow, this is so cute. Both of my kids loved learning about the solar system in grade school. What an adorable gift.

Liz said...

I've been wanting to comment since the Olympics! How was your trip?