Friday, January 22, 2010

Magic Wand Programmable Remote Control


At $89.99, this is an UBER-luxury stocking stuffer, but it's too fun not to post about. Are you a Harry Potter fan? Then how cool would it be to use a magic wand in place of your remote controls? This little gizmo "learns" from your existing remotes so you can change channels and adjust volume with just by waving or twisting the wand. According to Think Geek, the wand has 13 "magical" functions and is compatible with most makes of televisions, DVRs, and other devices with remotes.

In reality, I think the learning curve is probably pretty high, in terms of getting just the right "swish and flick" to accomplish specific functions. Also, I'm sure there are functions it can't replace. For instance, I can search shows on my DVR remote by typing in the letters, the same as I would with texting on a cell phone (and I'm actually getting pretty quick at it). That wouldn't likely work with this wand, so it's not as though I could actually replace that remote. That, in addition to the price, means that this is one of those things that I wouldn't actually buy unless I won the lottery. But it's definitely on my "if money were no object, wouldn't this be cool?" list!

What: Magic Wand Programmable Remote Control
Where: Think Geek website
How much (as of today's post): $89.99 (plus shipping)


1 comment:

AudreyO said...

If only I watched t.v. LOL