Saturday, November 21, 2009

Do It Yourself Stocking Stuffers, Part the First


I'm afraid I've been a little under the weather this week, so for today's post I'm going to rely on the cleverness of others. All year I've been bookmarking posts to come back to for DIY stocking stuffers, with the idea that I would try them all myself first before listing them.

Well, you'd think someone whose blog is dedicated to something Christmas related wouldn't get caught off guard just because it's almost Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here any second, but you would be wrong! So I haven't tried these myself yet, but they're simple enough that I feel confident even I could make these without messing them up!

So without further ado, here are some links to some of my favorite do it yourself stocking stuffers:

  • DIY rubber stamps from dollar store erasers, courtesy of Obsessively Stitching

  • The most elegant DIY S'Mores kits that you'll ever see, courtesy of Twig & Thistle

  • A DIY wooden memory game, courtesy of Heather at Dollar Store Crafts

  • A DIY mint-scented travel candle from an Altoids tin, courtesy of Kate at Design*Sponge

  • DIY spiced nuts, courtesy of The Washington Post. [Note: I don't think any registration is required to access this article, but if it is required, it's definitely free. See the comments after the article for additional tips.]

I hope you see something on this list that inspires you. If you have any terrific DIY stocking stuffer ideas yourself, please do leave a comment!


2 comments:

Mina said...

oh I hope your feeling much better this week wrap up warm and plenty of fluids was my Mums cure for all that ailed you...thanks for the links Im off to have a look now
Mina xxx

Anonymous said...

I just love DIY things!

Have a good week,
Brandy