Saturday, October 17, 2009

Stocking Stuffers at an Art Supply Store


If you have an art supply store near you, it is probably a treasure trove of stocking stuffers! Today I went to my local store, Texas Art Supply, and here a few of the things I found there:

  • Pocket Posh mini-puzzle books from the Andrews McMeel Publishing Company, including sudoku, sukendo, word search, brain games, logic puzzles, and more.
  • Mrs. Grossman's Stickers, which is a brand I've not seen before. My favorite were the Eric Carle stickers from A Very Hungry Caterpillar
  • Strathmore supplies for artist trading cards, including ATC-sized envelopes, and mini paper suitable for watercolors and acrylics already cut into the right dimensions
  • Yasutomo Fold 'Ems origami paper -- the smallest size, 4 and 5/8 inches square, would fit nicely into a stocking, and a book on origami would make a great paired gift for under the tree
  • Stuart Houghton ceramic monogram mini seals and wax
  • assorted ink stamps (including an adorable polar bear I bought for myself)
  • Copic markers (in case you're stuffing a stocking for serious crafter)
  • Dover miniature sticker, activity, and temporary tattoo booklets

And this is just a drop in the bucket. So don't just stick to dollar stores, grocery stores, and drugstores for your stocking stuffers!


No comments: