Monday, September 7, 2009

Pocket Doodles for Kids


Happy Labor Day! I hope everyone is able to enjoy a nice day off before we plunge into the fall season.

For today's stocking stuffer, I have Pocketdoodles for Kids, which is a little (5.8 x 4 x 0.8 inches) book by Bill Zimmerman full of doodling and coloring activities. It reminds me of something I had when I was a kid: an "Uncoloring Book", which gave suggestions for drawings but let the child draw him or herself instead of just filling in lines like traditional coloring books. The idea is to encourage imagination, creativity, and confidence.

Anyway, I first came "Pocket Doodles for Kids" several months ago at a Borders store, and I knew it would make a great stocking stuffer. It's also available at Amazon and most at likely Barnes & Noble or any specialty children's bookstore. Be sure and pair it with some crayons or colored pencils in your child's stocking! This would also be great for traveling, either on a long car ride or while stuck waiting in an airport.

What: Pocket Doodles for Kids
Where: Amazon or elsewhere
How much (as of today's post): $9.99 (plus shipping)


No comments: