Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Single Malt Scotch Chocolate Bar


My husband loves Scotch, and even though I don't like it myself, he has drilled into me that it must always be single malt. He also loves chocolate, so I suspect that he would be very happy to find this in his Christmas stocking: a single malt Scotch chocolate bar from BonBonBar, a company that makes and sells handmade candy bars. (He doesn't read this blog at my request, so even with posting this I should be able to surprise him!)

This particular bar uses Talisker 1992 Distillers Edition Single Malt Scotch from the Isle of Skye. It's available in an assortment with other types of candy bars, or in a gift collection with caramels and marshmallows, but I would probably get the box of three Scotch bars for $15, which is the smallest quantity you can buy. That's not too bad, though, considering I could give him one in his Christmas stocking, one for his February birthday, and one for Valentine's Day!

And do take a look at the rest of their site -- they have lots of other yummy looking products, including handmade caramels and marshmallows, a peanut butter bar with strawberry jam or honey, and an orange candy bar with candied orange peel.

What: Single Malt Scotch Chocolate Bar
Where: BonBonBar website
How much (as of today's post): $15.00 for 3 (plus shipping)


No comments: