Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ducky Soaps


Although the Ducky Soaps shop on Etsy has something for everyone -- and I do mean everyone -- the soaps I chose to show here are the ones most appropriate for boys and men (=large boys), since we all know they are lots harder to buy for than girls! The first soap that caught my eye was this adorable little hockey player duck, because my husband is Canadian and therefore he, my brothers-in-law, and my nephews all love hockey. (I'm convinced it's actually genetic!) The glycerin soap is hypoallergenic and gentle enough for babies, and the rubber ducks themselves are soft and safe for children, which is great because it means these soaps make great gifts for almost any age.

Next up is this adorable construction worker duck. He happens to come in an "orange dream" scent, but all of the soaps are available scent free if desired. And if the "slow" construction sign isn't your first choice, there are three other construction worker ducks holding other tools of the trade.

And before I start talking about soaps for your other gift recipients, I just have to show one more for the guys: this little referee duck. This one is perfect if the man in your life is a complete sports nut and can't settle on just one sport!

But I really would be doing Ducky Soaps a disservice if I didn't mention their other offerings. There's a section in the store for birthdays and holidays, another for weddings and baby showers, one with fairy tale characters and pirates, one for pigs, cows, and bears, and then the sports and occupations section where I found the soaps shown above. But even that section has lots for girls and women: cheerleader ducks in various colors, a funny dentist duck with a great big white smile, an adorable chef duck, a pilot duck.... Even different branches of the armed forces are represented.

And then there's the "All Other Ducky Soaps" section with several miscellaneous items, including a glow-in-the-dark duck, a breast cancer awareness duck, and even a rainbow hippie chick that comes in a grape soda scent! Honestly, I've barely even scratched the surface. You could easily find something for every single person on your stocking stuffer list here.

What: Ducky Soaps
Where: Ducky Soaps (an Etsy shop)
How much (as of today's post): $6 (plus shipping)


No comments: