Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hypotrochoid Art Set


I didn't recognize the name of this stocking stuffer from the Think Geek website -- Hypotrochoid Art Set ??!! -- but I certainly recognized the item itself: it's a compact version of Spirograph! Did any of you have those sets as a kid, where you used colored pens and these plastic gear circles to create neat geometric designs? I remember being fascinated, watching the complex patterns emerge from underneath my pen.

This modern-day version comes in a handy tin that contains two "hypotrochoid" templates (outer circles, for those of us who aren't completely fluent in GeekSpeak), six gear (inner) circles, and red, green, and blue pens. At $8.99 I think it's a pretty good deal for a somewhat unusual stocking stuffer that will give kids several hours of entertainment.

What: Hypotrochoid Art Set
Where: Think Geek website
How much (as of today's post): $8.99 (plus shipping)


No comments: