Friday, February 6, 2009

Menu Jewelry Tree


I admit there are many reasons not to list this item, including:

  • It's too expensive.
  • At 11 inches high and 3.5 inches wide, and with that somewhat awkward shape, it would take a very large stocking to hold it.
  • The company's website that I found it on is so snobby that its button says "acquire" instead of "buy".
However:

  • It's stunning.
  • It would at least fit inside a nice Valentine's Day basket.
  • This is Luxury Friday, so I don't have to feel guilty about listing it even though it's expensive.
So just what is this thing? The website selling it, Fitzsu, calls it a "Menu Jewelry Tree". I have no idea what the word "Menu" means in that name, but in any case, it's a jewelry tree designed by Louise Christ. Made of mirror-finished aluminum, it holds rings, bracelets, necklaces, and earrings. I don't wear jewelry often myself, but I think I like this so much because it's so aesthetically pleasing in and of itself. It just looks balanced and beautiful.

What: Menu Jewelry Tree
Where: Fitzsu.com
How much (as of today's post): $75.00 (plus shipping)


No comments: