Sunday, November 30, 2008

Personalized "Marble" Magnets


It's Etsy Sunday again, and I'm pleased to show you these adorable personalized marble magnets from Catherine, whose Etsy shop is called "The Purple Pear". I purchased a set of these a few weeks ago to go in my husband's advent calendar drawers. (My husband isn't allowed to read this blog, by the way!) I was thrilled when I came across these, because there are 9 magnets in a set, and my husband and I have (dare I say it?) seven cats. Yes, I'm the crazy cat lady, although that was never my intention! But once you've taken in a stray or two, you become known in the neighborhood as "those cat people" and your neighbors start to bring the strays they find to you too....

But I digress.

In any case, these magnets were actually a large part of why I started this blog. I realized that there are more fun ideas out there for stocking stuffers than I'd previously realized. Plus, the artist was such a pleasure to deal with. She sent me an image of the magnets before shipping to make sure they were to my satisfaction. Her communication skills were great! I also bought an adorable set of baby animal magnets from her, and I loved both purchases. Even if you don't want personalized magnets just now, there are some lovely pre-made sets with images ranging from $4.75 to $7.00. You can also order an inexpensive coordinating tin to go with them.

As for the customized magnets... be creative and have fun!

What: Personalized "Marble" Magnets
Where: The Purple Pear (an Etsy shop)
How much (as of today's post):
$10.00 (plus shipping)


No comments: